Monday, December 5, 2011

Tool 10

Digital Citizenship: Safety to enable them to do great things online...not just protect them from the "bad" people out there.
I love the way the video put it that we want them to learn to form healthy relationshuips online.

From the 11 Tools Blog:
"Our job as educators is to help develop the skills necessary for our students to become successful citizens in the world. Today, this job includes helping student safely navigate an unfiltered digital world."

I couldn't agree more. I think it will begin with expectations and tons of modeling, but I know the kids will be up for the challenge.

I also think we need to get the parents involved so that the digital citizenship is an expectation no matter where the kids are accessing the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment